Saturday, May 05, 2007

Illustration Friday - Neighbor 2


You sure you wanna use that "regular" kind of detergent again?

I don't know how's the deal in other countries, but in mine there are still lots of minutes of "my detergent is better, don't you wanna use it and your kids will grow healthy, your family will be so proud of you and even your sexual life will improve" kinda women neighbors conversation ads with extension to "flip your dyed/washed hair and you'll instantly be the foxy you knew you were but no men ever bother to notice".

Well, I understand the client is happy, the sales numbers show they still work, the research shows that's what the target buys and I also understand we don't sell products we sell dreams, but for all that's holy, cut it out!!! - they are embarrassing!!!!! Not that I watch too much TV, or don't know what a remote control does. Anywayz, I guess I suddenly started to care about the negative effect of the detergent commercials on women's emancipation. I must be tired. I'm off to sleep now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Giggles said...

Hahahaha!!! Funny commentary and illo!

9:27 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

So true...we are missing the big picture. Most of us wake up too late, but it's better to wake up at all I guess!

11:38 PM  
Blogger aeneadellaluna said...

loloo...great funny illo! really cool!

7:27 AM  
Blogger arvindh said...

ha ha that is funny!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home